donderdag 4 juni 2015

Making everything wireless

I moved to a new apartment and decided to (finally) make everything in my house wirelessly controllable. So far I've designed, ordered, and tested four versions of a control-everything-in-my-house-wirelessly-PCB and started writing a library to manage all the devices easily without creating a giant mess. I'll tell more about the PCBs in another post, but I'd like to have a post with some results first. 


The initial purpose for the first batch of PCBs was to control all lights in the house. For the first test I took the knock sensor from my latest post, added a potentiometer, and one of the boards, and shoved it in an ikea drawer. I already had a glass sphere from an older project, and hooked a 20W Philips lumiled (LHC1-2790-1205) in it to another board. 





The test worked so well I immediately put the boards in every light I had laying around. I also upgraded the ikea drawer with some touch sensors, because, well, why not. 




Because of more unknown reasons it felt like a good idea to make an 'audio/video' transmitter. It takes the average color of my screen with a processing sketch, and sends this together with the intensity of the music to the lights. It's quite disco. 



Last but not least it was insanely simple to hook up a motor to the board too. This got us from the idea to make the game looping louie smartphone controlled, to an actual smartphone controlled looping louie in about 3 minutes. The app is made by a classmate and communicates to the boards through a wifi module. It controls the lights and everything else as well.

1 opmerking:

  1. babyliss nano titanium flat iron - TITNIA-ART
    This titanium automatic watch simple design titanium uses works well in all materials. This titanium ore design is how much is titanium worth the ideal fit for titanium sheet metal your business and is one for any business.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen